Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Another Introduction: Ron

Hello there,

Typically in the past, instead of choosing insight and understanding, I've always gone with blissful ignorance when it came to understanding the theory of photography and cameras, despite the fact that aesthetically it's something I've always enjoyed.

For years I've been trying to convince myself that I should find out more, but the whole chemical-based film process always left me feeling a little intimidated, never mind the prohibitive cost of keeping a healthy stock of red light bulbs for my potential darkroom.

While I can definitely be considered an "early adopter" when it comes to technology (sigh, I still miss the flashing lights and digital screeching of my first 300 baud modem), all the digital cameras I've owned in the past have seemed more like fun toys than something to get relatively serious about. Fortunately DSLRs are kind of affordable now, so most of my remaining excuses are left looking rather feeble. And, significantly, since I've sworn off my previous hobby of Peruvian nose flutes, I finally have the time.

I'm originally from Scotland, although I've lived in California for about 10 years. I incessantly get teased about my "American Accent" when I go back home. Come to think about it, that teasing began before I'd even left the country, but that's a whole other story...

Anyway, to get back on topic, I've joined Josh's Flickr group, so you can find my photos there or directly through my username: ohblithespirit

Ron

No comments: